1. FREC has hired additional field inspectors and has restarted their unannounced auditing programing. When the inspector arrives, they will be checking for escrow account reconciliations and for required disclosures in files. If your files are electronic, you will need to sit down with the inspector and walk them through the copies retained electronically.
2. Brokers and agents are advised to keep threads of emails stored with the transaction.
Insurance Subcommittee Meeting
1. Citizens advises claimants not to assign benefits to contractors. If the contractor defaults, the claimant may not have access to the money.
2. Citizens will offer HO-8 coverage for up to $200,000. Buyer beware. This insurance does not include water damage such as pipe leaks, etc.
1. Recommended Constant Contact for Association communication to members.
2. Always use an email signature.
3. Use RSS feeds from NAR and Florida Realtors
4. Recommended http://hootsuite.com/ as a tool for posting on all social media.
5. If you use a copyrighted photo without written permission, you may receive a demand letter requiring you to pay for the copyright infringement.
6. 15 Communication Tips in 15 Minutes by Mark E. DoughertyAE, Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS®http://bit.ly/YsZOLq
Doug Mayberry, President-Elect